Saturday 21 July 2012

Chapter#45

Hello there my little shmoop-plops~ (?!?!) How do you all dare do?~
Today's post is about a tribute I did for Street Fighter X Tekken which I'm sure (HOPE)
you've heard or seen of before, since it was one of the most anticipated games of 2012~
My tribute goes towards 2 of my probably favorite video game girls of all time;
Asuka from the Tekken Series, and Sakura from the Street Fighter Series~

Two of which both happen to be school girls...

Anyway! Onto the process~
For this piece I cheated the silhouette stage for some reason and went straight into the
rough sketch~ For me I thought the rough sketch looked pretty cool~ Kinda dynamic.

After I made the lineart however, I noticed the image lost quite alot of the 'energy' it had back in the initial sketch...I think while I was working on this part of the piece I got irritated with Asuka's hair not being able to reveal much since both sides of her head are being blocked by Sakura's head and arm ): Her hair is her main charm in my opinion, besides her chest...I mean her ass...I mean ah ha ba booshka. (face)

Irritated, and believing I would soon quit this piece I plunged on anyway, with the
shadow'ing and the colors (on the left)~ As usual, the piece looked so poor by then.
But the good ol' overlay did its job and brought vibrancy and life into the picture~
Amazing what that Overlay option can do. Takes 2 seconds too!

Finally, just fix / add more little details and voila~ Done! 
Although the quality is no where what I wanted it to be....
I'll remake this piece another time in the future :P
Click >> HERE << for Full View!!
Thanks for tuning in! 
 See you next time! Take care!

2 comments:

  1. YESYESYESYESYSEYES STREET FIGHTER X TEKKEN! Hahahaha I spent so much of my childhood playing those arcade games! Dammit, I wanted to see Hwoarang but Asuka's still awesome! Oh hey, the rough sketch is pretty cool - I like the dynamic, organic roughness of the sketch. I could never refine it as cleanly as you, I find hair so hard to do so but you managed to make it look perfect x_x That colour process is seriously incredible, palette went brighter, so much more dimension, ARGH why can't I have your anime talent haha keep up the great work Tony!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, Hwoarang doesss look pretty kool :P
      Yeah, I think alot of original sketches look not better,
      but just as amazing as the final produce cause it has
      an entirely different feel and atmostphere from it...
      which is why production sketches still look amazing even
      though they're all rough :)
      You have potential too Bambs! I know it!
      Try out one of my tuts some time and I know it'll look great :)

      Delete