Friday 8 June 2012

Chapter#42

Not in the loveliest of moods as I write this...Oh well, anywaiiz~

So shortly after finishing the course I put myself to the test and quickly whipped up
a drawing~ Testing to see how fast I can draw now...
Now I know most of you guys reading probably aren't into aliens...And neither am I...
But I decided to draw one anyway, cause of a recent idea I had which i couldn't get
out of my mind...So try bare with me? If not, you can skip this post, cause this post
is All About Aliens!~ xD

Front...
...and back!~
Not really alien like...But whatever!!!! ):
Took like, what? 1.5 - 2 hours each? Record time for me P: Which is sad.
Knowing people can probably do this in an hour or less time given.

So that's Garuel...Yes, I named the bugga~ He's some kind of alien with four eyes
and gills as part of his 3 senses; taste, smell, and a sense of its own which enables
'im to feel the air vibrations around it so it can visually picture its surrounding environment~

After doing those two images I wanted to do a close up version~
I was pretty much aiming for a 'character design sheet' look~ 
But, I kinda got carried away and I got lost in the Matrix...

So first it started like this....
Honestly, right after I did that, I was like what am I doing...Looks terrible!!~
But whatever I said!~ Just keep on, truckin'!~
The next thing I knew I rendered / cleaned up the whole thing O,O"
Didn't know I could do that with black and white, Lol!~ I guess I learned something
from painting Space Boy! :D
^ Lololol, looks so silly now that I look at it...LOL, its so ugleh. ^
I was surprised although I was able to do that all on 1-2 layers! O:
Pretty alright~
After that, I just hit the colors and slapped it on on another layer with the layer set to color~
And then yeah...I just touched it up from there...
Concept was he had the top 2 eyes transplanted, and when the bottom two eyes
cry, the top one cries too but blood, not tears...~ And yeah, those little funny looking
fin thingies are the sensors which look pretty gay now \:

It looked better in my head...In the reality in my thoughts...Haha~

That's it for today folks, see you soon!!~

3 comments:

  1. Hope you start to feel better Tony! :< I do wonder how fast you draw! I actually take a while drawing, but mainly because I lack inspiration or I'm multitasking and I have not much time to concentrate, haha. Aliens, yay! It looks like it's been mutated with Geodude (me and my Pokemon references, haha) or Manchamp (I think that's what he was called?) Hey, 2 hours is really good for that sorta result o_o I like how you've shown the soft rendering of the shadows, it adds such dimension to his face, but as soon as you added the colour - it really takes off! It looks more evil, hahaha, but I love the tinge of red! You could lighten the eyes to look more creepy! BD

    ReplyDelete
  2. zzz.. nice bulge.. and ass. BAHAHA :P
    Garuel also reminds me of The Legend of Ga'Hoole. LOL
    http://www.scholastic.com/gahoole/images/non-flash.gif
    Still awesome. *likes b/g of alien concept

    ReplyDelete