Sunday 5 June 2011

Chapter: 1.5

So work experience lasted for 3 days.

Day 1, Bun got me to use a new program I've never used before, called Corel.
My task for the day was to use the all-user friendly pen tool~
I've never once touched the pen tool....Never had to, never needed to...
But today...I was forced to ==" So I spent hours mastering the pen tool,
tracing a picture of Son Goku :D. And no. I don't have a pic of it here with me...
Not worth it...Anyway! That was day 1!~

Day 2! First thing in the morning!......He gave me a very difficult task to perform =="
Which was to design a business card...For a client ==" HIS, client...
Making me do his work, that son of a-- Joke!
It was a great opportunity to test my abilities to see how far my skills have taken me~
But there was a catch~ I was only allowed to spend ONE freagin' hour to complete it =="
AND, I also had to use another program, WHICH I've never used before! Called Illustrator.
Not like that sounded impossible enough, but what the client needed was so wtf?
She required:
- A logo design similar to her previous designs (Easy, and check~)
- The letter B in the name of the logo to be shaped as a torso (Uh, what?~)
- Requires an apple inside of the B (Sorry, wah?~)
Yeah,...Funnn...So these were the designs I came up with!~

First Design:
Sloppy drawing of torso...Haven't mastered the pen tool yet...
Second Design (Supervisor's Vers.)
Tidied version of first design by supervisor Bun.
Third Design:
Incorporated speech bubble like things from her previous designs.
Put an apple in her. And drew life signals, to signify apples as a healthy diet.

Fourth Design (Supervisor's Vers.)
Tidied version of three. Apparently mine was too 'cartoony' & 'creative' for the
business card. Key knowledge learnt; when it comes to business card designs
the design does not matter. Only effectiveness of the card (Display of information).

So that was that...Done in 3-4 hrs...LOL! Fail. Oh well! What did you expect
from a noob like me xD But yeah, good stuff. What made my day that day, was
the boss came up to us and pointed to the 4th (Bun's/Supervisor's) Design and asked
"I like this!~ It looks really good!"
*Shattered.* Then!...
"But who did this one? I like this one more but." *Points to my 3rd design*
*In my head: Woooooooooo!!!~

And yeah, that was my day.
Welp! That's it for today...
See ya next time!~

Follow my alternate adventures with!
http://mr-vui.blogspot.com

2 comments:

  1. Bun might hand you all his work and just sit there waiting for you to finish it, LOL! *patpat. but nice work, bruv! the design/s are looked mad as. at least you beat him! that's all that matters, HAHA! :D

    ReplyDelete